Friday 4 May 2012

OPI - I Vant To Be A-Lone Star

I'm attending a wedding tomorrow and will be wearing a yellow/gray floral dress and this color was calling my name. I Vant To Be A-Lone Star is from OPI Texas Collection (Spring/Summer 2011). 


After doing a little sleuthing, it appears that the name of this lacquer comes from a famous Greta Garbo quote from the movie The Grand Hotel. 


Wikipedia states that Garbo saying, "I want to be alone..." became so popular that "in 2005 it was voted the 30th most memorable movie quote of all time." I guess there is something to these collection names, after all.


Description: Isn't she lovely? On my skin tone this shows up as a creamy gray frost (EDIT: definitely a pearl finish not frost) with blue undertones but OPI describes it as a starry-silvery blue.  Whatever the case may be it will look good on anyone!


Similar To: China Glaze Sea Spray is almost a dupe for this out of my collection. It is also said to be very similar in hue to Essie Sag Harbor.


This Look: One coat of Starting Over After Artificials, two coats of I Vant To Be A-Lone Star, and one coat of Shine & Hold topcoat.


Price Point/Availability: You can still find this lacquer at some salons and online retailer for up to $8.50.


Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment